Wednesday 29 July 2020

29,211 Days!

Wednesday, July 29, 2020

The 80-candle birthday cake!
I have been on this Good Earth that many Days! Imagine! I have seen many places, I have lived in over 45 homes, I have met hundreds of people, I have made oodles of friends, I have some really excellent bosom buddies, I have loved and unloved (very few), and all-in-all I believe I have been very fortunate in my life.

I have a great family and great friends. I have a nice home in a beautiful part of the world. My children like me, as do my grandchildren and my great grandchildren. My husband loves me and puts up with me. Our dog seems to be fond of me.

There have been ups and downs, for sure. There have been worries and tears. But there have been hugs and and kisses and fantastic memories too.
Mom & Dad & me in
Chester, England in 1940

It is a time to take stock when one turns a number ending in Zero. I never, ever expected to be around this long. I am really amazed actually. And I'm really smiling as I write this.

I can still raise Cain, be critical, pay attention to worldly goings-on, get angry at stupidity, and be upset at governments.

I can still give advice at the drop of a hat even if it wasn't asked for.

But I can also laugh and chuckle and smile at my own foibles and mistakes. And I have made some mistakes.

In the Here and Now
So, to all the folks I have known over time, I thank you for giving me a glimpse into your life. I thank you for listening to me. Know that you made me laugh and made me care. 

Enough!

Onwards!

2 comments: