Friday 1 May 2020

Day 43

May 1, 2020

Just a couple of short thoughts today.

Today is May Day and I remember a time many, many Mays ago when I was a teenaged Girl Guide in Luxembourg. We went off to the woods to cut some new branches with emerging green leaves and wove them into a wreath. The wreath was then attached to a pole and we marched through the town. Our leader started off with it but I seem to remember that I had to turn my belt buckle in such a way as to rest that banner and carried it too. We must have taken turns. It was very pagan and I just loved it. Here is some more information on some of the goings on about May Day.

After seeing an article about Dr. Deborah Birx in her role briefing the president of the US, I thought of how hard it must be for her to go to the White House every day. Dante's "Lasciate ogne speranza voi ch'intrate - all hope abandon ye who enter here" came to mind.

Onwards!


No comments:

Post a Comment