Thursday 14 May 2020

Day 59

May 14, 2020




The other day, our excellent neighbour put our Summer Back-40 lawn ornaments out. They are lovely, gentle, giant Clydesdales and I look forward to seeing a few more as the months go along. Here is a photo taken a couple of years ago to give you the idea.

I subscribe to the Merriam-Webster Word of the Day - just for fun. This amazing sentence cropped up today. I am in awe!

"The full bow of the crescent moon peeps above the plain and shoots its gleaming arrows far and wide, filling the earth with a faint refulgence, as the glow of a good man's deeds shines for a while upon his little world after his sun has set, lighting the fainthearted travellers who follow on towards a fuller dawn." So British author Sir Henry Rider Haggard described the light of the moon in King Solomon's Mines, published in 1885."

Aside from the fact that refulgence is a delicious word and I am a fan of King Solomon's Mines, the writing of that sentence blows me away! LOL

And just in case you thought I was losing interest in political shenanigans, I recommend a column written by Heather Cox Richardson. She is an American historian and Professor of History at Boston College. She previously taught at MIT and the University of Massachusetts. She was born in Maine which gives her a bit of a pass in my books. New England feels familiar to me. Check her out on Facebook and YouTube. 

Onwards!

1 comment:

  1. Love your lawn ornaments. I'm with you on HCR -- one of the best reasons to look at Facebook every day.

    ReplyDelete