Thursday 21 May 2020

Day 66

Thursday, May 21, 2020

As many do, I'm pretty sure, I was up in the middle of the night (you know the drill) and looked out the window. Lo and behold, there was the Big Dipper, Ursa Major, Big Bear, The Wagon, Charles' Wain, The Plough among other wondrous names. It really was quite spectacular. Mind you, I was not all that awake but still...

I have had some really nice phone calls with family and friends over the past days. I did observe today that the calls are getting shorter and shorter as our lives are more and more limited these days.

As you know, Spring for me is when the humming birds return. They have arrived! There are 2 feeders by the back door so they can happily squabble and hum for the rest of the summer. They are usually gone by the end of the first week in September. Like the flowering pear trees, they are about 2 weeks late this year. Fortunately the weather seems to be co-operating and we are in for a good long spell of warmer weather.

I want to send my thanks out to 2 local businesses that we deal with regularly - Pharmasave and Graves Freshmart. I have mentioned the terrific service that Sarah at the grocery gives us. I picked our groceries up this morning. Today I would like to thank Kirk at Pharmasave. He got me a prescription that I didn't have to go to the doctor for - saving a spot for someone who really needed it. Not only that but he called me a few days later to see how I was doing! I was astounded and delighted.

I note that I am one month past my usual haircut date. I had forgotten how fast hair grows. I see many are saying the same thing so I won't go on about it but...

In the reading department, I am back reading Templar stories. I find the whole Templar truth and fiction quite fascinating. Mind you, I have been know to throw myself into Viking material as well. I'm sure this tells you all something about me but I'll leave it to you to decide that.

As for the pandemic - both viral and US political - I have been trying to limit myself to the amount I pay attention each day. I watch the federal and provincial daily COVID-19 briefings to make sure I am up to date on what I can do and what I can't. I am part of a study which I thought might be interesting. I fill in a questionnaire each day and I will be given my entries when the study ends or I decide to bow out. I think I've been doing this for about 3 weeks. As for the political pandemic, I keep informed just until my blood pressure starts rising and then I bow out.

Onwards!


No comments:

Post a Comment