Thursday 7 May 2020

Day 49

Friday, May 8, 2020

So the longer we are in isolation mode here on Mt. Crossman, the less I seem to have to say. Here is the content of an email I sent out yesterday to friends I haven't seen in a very long time - a couple of months anyway. These are folks I meet with on the occasional Friday at the local pub. They are really neat guys who always have something interesting to talk about.

I miss Fridays at End of the Line Pub! I miss hugs and real smiles! There, I said it out loud!
Bill was outside MOWING for the first time yesterday. The various lovely annuals are opening up. The grass is SO green. 
No hummers yet but the Map shows they are in Nova Scotia now.
Bill has all 4 cords of wood stacked. 
My son-in-law is stuck in Mali at the Syama Gold Mine. There is a long story that goes with this but needs a beer or something. My grandson-in-law is on paternity leave in Yellowknife – he’s a Mountie – while my granddaughter is taking an RN degree at home.
Sally
Sally (black Lab) turned 11.
The forsythia is in full blaze of yellow out there.
I ordered sunflower hearth-baked bread from Oakhaven at the Gardens Market this Saturday and will pick up some scones from Pension Pies as well.
Bill and I have been called to see if we would be Poll Clerks for the October Municipal Election – I cheered and said Yes, Bill reluctantly agreed. 😉
And that’s all I can think of.
Anne the Marooned
You can see what I mean! There is still the phone and I have had some good phone chats recently.

Onwards!

No comments:

Post a Comment